Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hello September

September is my favorite time of year. It seems to usher in an entirely new energy along with a tremendous sense of excitement, similar to what I use to feel on the first day back at school (...yes, I was one of those types, actually looking forward to the start of a new school year). It feels, at least to me, like it should be the first official day of the year.

It is a perfect, beautiful fall day here in Vancouver (the best kind) and I personally feel like I am being given a fresh start yet again. And after my last blog post, about saying a big "G" Goodbye to some deserving recipients, even more so. Out with the old and in with the new.

Since that post, I have already experienced a dramatic shift in my life. There are new people coming forward, even a little unexpected romance I am happy to report, and, remarkably, my existing relationships with very close friends are growing even deeper. I've been saying 'yes' to much more...and why not?...and having a lot of fun in doing so.

Yes, there is definitely a new energy at work and, gratefully, a new and positive chapter unfolding even with my dad's health.

So in honor of the month of September, a fresh start, and another birthday on the horizon, I am working on a Top 34 List to accomplish in my 34th year. The list, once compiled, will be my birthday gift and commitment to myself.

Excited? No, you're probably not, but I am! I'll publish my list once I have it completed. And in the meantime, what would be on your list for this year? Drop me a comment if you have one or two that you're open to sharing.

Ciao for now,

Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment