Saturday, November 13, 2010

MIA

I've been out of action for months now. I've had nothing interesting to say and not wanted to write a thing. Correction: I'm sure I've had plenty to say but I just haven't been able to articulate any of it in the blog. I have at least half a dozen attempts started, which is sad really, to see them just sitting there in my blog drafts list, so, well...unfinished.

I've been doing the very same with books lately. I start a new book only to abandon it about a third of the way through. My home has become a museum of half read books strewn around. I keep thinking I'll come back to finish them, which is becoming less and less likely as I continue to buy more, only to repeat the pattern. Why can I not complete anything right now?

I hate when things are left unfinished, and yet here I am sitting in and among all these unfinished, unloved stories, and staring at my long list of unfinished blog entries. And yes, my life, of course, mirrors this current state of affairs. Perhaps I have some unfinished business to attend to? Hmmm...

What am I so clearly avoiding?

No comments:

Post a Comment